Friday, July 30, 2010

Leaving on a Jet Plane

It is about 45 minutes before we have to leave for a 21 hour journey (about 26 door to door) from Kuwait to Houston. I am traveling alone with the kids, which always psychs me out. I have butterflys, but I know once we get settled on the plane, it is a matter of sleeping and keeping occupied. The issue I have is that the flight leaves at 1 am...so we have already been up since about 7 this morning. The kids have had just over an hour nap earlier in the day. It is already past bedtime, and they may snooze on the 30 minute drive to the airport. I have had ALL day to stress over it, think about what I may have forgotten to pack. I much prefer getting up in the morning, showering and hitting the road (or sky). I don't do well with no sleep, and it is about 38 hours of being awake. I have a good friend meeting us at the other end, so I don't have to worry about getting a shuttle to the car, installing car seats, driving an hour home, then finally heading to the ER for a broken finger for Jessie....I am hoping for an injury free trip this time.
We have 4 days in Houston to get over jet lag and see friends. Then we fly to Alberta for a week and 1/2, then to BC for 2 weeks, where Robb will join us. Then another week in Alberta before we fly home again. Wish us luck! Poor Daddy will be without his girls for 3 weeks! (he has the cats to snuggle, though), The cats are gonna miss us, I feel so bad leaving them for so long.
See you on the flip side of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment