Thursday, July 8, 2010

Beautiful day

I was doing my usual tea consumption while checking e-mail first thing this morning. I looked out of the window, and it was such a beautiful, bright day. Now, not to say it isn't sunny here everyday...but there is always a varying amount of sand blowing around, making visibility a bit hazy. Today, however, it was a clear sky, the ocean seemed to go on forever, the passing ships visible. The girls and I headed out to the play area, and BAM, there it was, the blast of retina-burning heat that comes with such a bright beautiful day. The wind felt like we were standing in front of a life-sized hair dryer on high heat setting. ugh.
But, happy to report the air conditioner is finally working again in there....so we could stay for more than 10 minutes.

We also ventured into the gym area today. I had been keeping them out of there, since it is an 'adult' area with heavy equipment. But, the last few days, several parents have had their kids in there playing on the machines to burn off some energy. I turned on the treadmill for them, Jessie did OK, but was a bit too short to hold on properly and walk properly at the same time. Saige did about a kilometer on a 3.5 setting, she loved it. Maybe I have found another sugar bug burner....

No comments:

Post a Comment