Sunday, July 11, 2010

Bottomless Pit

Saige cannot be fed enough. She is never full, asking for food constantly. She eats her regular meals, then 1/2 an hour later asks for a snack. She asks for and is offered healthy snacks, but will pack away anything we put in front of her. Today after lunch, she promptly asked for a snack, where she downed an apple, 2 yogurts and a handful of almonds. Did I mention this is AFTER a lunch of lentil soup, bread and fruit? The funniest is when she asks Jessie - "Are you going to finish that?" I will have to see how much she weighs next time I see a scale. This is the biggest eating/growth spurt yet...

Today, she also swam for two hours, so that was probably an appetite creator right there.

Jessie, while she isn't packing away the amount of food, can polish a plate off in minutes. But, when she is done, she is done. Saige will pick at her food for hours if we let her...it's like she grazes all day.

I am getting a glimpse of what it must be like having growing adolescent boys to feed...on a smaller scale.

1 comment:

  1. Anson, at 8, eats more than I do! It can get quite disgusting at times. And Ryden is fast catching up. They each had giant bowls of soup & 1.5 sandwiches for lunch, whereas I was stuffed after 1 sandwich & half the amout soup & was absolutely STUFFED. Supper is worse. And they snack ALLLLL day long! I'm going to need 3 jobs just to buy food soon!

    ReplyDelete