Both my girls do not drink regular cow milk. Saige has never been a huge milk drinker, so at a very early age, she prefered the taste of regular (and vanilla as a treat) soy milk. Jessie has a mild dairy allergy - and soy was upsetting her even more, so she has been using rice milk (sometimes almond milk to mix it up a bit) since she switched from breast-feeding/formula. They don't drink alot, one glass forcefully offered to them in the morning, but still, I would buy it by the case at Costco and it was very cost effective. Fast forward to Kuwait. Soy milk is $4.50 per liter - so I have switched Saige to lactose free cow milk - 1/3 of the cost, as Jessie's rice milk, which was not an option NOT to buy, was $4.90 per litre. And I was only able to find the rice milk at one store (luckily the one closest to us). We ventured out to a new store yesterday...and I found ORGANIC rice milk for $3.32 per litre! I was so happy. What made me even happier is I was checking my receipt this morning, and they only charged me for 2 instead of 4 - making it $1.66/litre. YAY!! I love a good deal, even if it was somebody else's mistake :). I guess I could be nice and not so cheap and buy Saige some soymilk...she really does not like the milk at all, and I had been using the remaining stuff she didn't drink in my coffee in the mornings before it went warm :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment