Well, we have been here almost a week, I had better get started on the blog before we start packing up to leave!
The house in Sugar Land is packed up and now has tenants caring for it, I hope it goes well for them! We tok a limo to the airport to start our journey. We left the house at 1:30 pm on a Sunday, and arrived at the company apartment in Kuwait at 1:30 am on Tuesday...LONG day. Traveling itself was fine, the kids are troopers, and the cats seemed to fair OK. We let them out and they drank, ate and used the litter box, in that order. Too exhausted for baths, we went to bed and actually had a good sleep.
Now that are clcks are reset, we areadjusting to life here. We are not yet in the rental apartment (more on that later) so we are hanging out in the 2 bedroom company apartment with two cats, 2 kids and 2 stressed adults. Moving overseas with two kids is as stressful as it sounds...actually, imagine how stressful it might be, then times by 2, that ought to do it!
Sights around Kuwait are a bit different. The traffic here is scary, and on any given day along the freeway, there are scraps of cars just laying around after accidents. Thery speed, don't wear seatbelts, and the sight of blood on the airbags and wndshields is horrific. My children see other kids standing and jumping in cars, and I tell them that is is unsafe, I only hope we never have to witness a car crash involving kids....
We have gone for groceries numerous times....out of need perhaps, or maybe for an outing in Air Conditioning. I suspect the food bill to be about double than it was in the US...but that may go down once I change my views of cooking and eating. There are numerous marks that sell fruits/veggies - but we are all about one stop convieience for now. I even discovered an online grocery store that delivers! This will come in handy for those days where I don't have a car and I need milk!
We went to the LARGE Friday Market, where you can get anything from shampoo to capets to bedrrom sets and goats. I lasted about 45 minutes, went through two bottles of water, and suggested to leave before I faint. Me and the kids were attracting attention with our white skin and rosy (RED) cheeks. While the market looks great, it will have to wait until mid-winter before I can stand to be outside for that long!
The pool has been our almost daily event...the only way to get the sugar bugs out of the kids. It'll be nice when they re more adept int he water and less whiny...swim lessons on the agenda once we get settled!
Anyway, more to come. Not many pictures, we are concentrating on making sure the kids don't get run over when out rather than photographing the events! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment