Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Pre-school registration

Tomorrow we are heading to Happy Chappies Montessori to register the girls for the fall. Jessie will be in the Monkeys class, with possible upgrade to Crocodiles in January. Saige will be in the Lions class, which is a pre-K class known as KG1 here. They said we had the option of doing KG1 at a pre-school or sending her to a 'real' school campus. I opted to keep her in a pre-school setting for many reasons - ease of me getting them to/from the school, keep the girls together for the first year, as it is a huge transition, and I really am not ready to send Saige off 5 days per week on a bus to a large campus that has no comforting setting at 4 years old. The school we chose is British run, and the owner is open and inviting. It is a bright, new villa with all the learning resources the kids will need for pre-school. More updates when they actually START school!

We still spend our time in the pool, play area and squash court (where we play soccer and do relays). We haven't really met playmates yet, although a few kids here and there are coming out of the woodwork here at the apartment. I have met a few kids through a Mom's group, but with the moms working, and me immobile with no vehicle, we have yet to meet for play.

We booked a trip to Canada for August. The girls and I will be heading over separately, with a few days in Houston, before heading to Edmonton and PG. Robb will meet us for a few weeks at the end. Now, the task of finding a reliable cat-sitter for Myko and Pepsi....I have 4 weeks, I better get on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment