Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Temporary Apartment

I had hoped to be more settled here by now. The plan was to stay in the company apartment for a few days while we looked for/bought basic furniture for the new apartment. But there has been some HUGE issues with the new apartment, the 'building manager' had been collecting depoits and rent from tenants, then decided to skip town, with no records of our lease....we had been strung along, as were others, by this guy. He knew that expats were the main tenants, and we were always told that 'that's just how is is done here'...by that meaning cash, no reciepts, take your word for it. NO MORE...we have all learned a lesson. So, with this consuming our time and attention (even it is just alot of waiting for answers), we have held back on buying beds and tables...We should hear more this afternoon (so, maybe by Thursday!) and we can get the keys and start furnishing the place. Lots of expats in and out of here, so opportunities to buy good quality used furniture, rather than spending alot of dough on new stuff. I also hope to get a cell phone. Robb set up a computer for me, which has been a lifesaver.

So far the girls and I have survived life in a two bedroom apartment. Our mornings consist of watching an Elmo video, then gettnig dressed after breakfast. We do what we can for exercise (jumping jacks, sit ups) then try to draw/color etc for a bit. Jessie has a very low attetion span, so she is getting into things ...Saige is happy to draw/color for an hour at a time. By lunch time, we are all happy to have a bite to eat, then Jessie goes for a quick nap while Saige colors. After naps it is pool time...in the shade. Then daddy arrives home, we eat or head out to eat and shop for stuff (by shop, I mean look, as the before mentioned issues have prevented alot of actual buying). Last night the girls slept int he same bed together. Robb and I were each sleeping with one, but I was not getting sleep...I am a light sleeper, and they toss and turn. It worked OK...took a while for Jessie to stop chatting. They will be sharing a room (not a bed) in the new place, so this is good practice.

This morning, I was facing the boredom whines by 9 am...so I went out and discovered about another hours worth of shade in a different pool, so we headed out for an hour - this is perfect to wear them out! Jessie was a bit whiny today, but Saige is LOVING the swim vest we have, she and I did about 20 widths of the pool. She was begging for lunch by 11 am...and gobbled it right up. at 12:20, she was asking for a snack! I am hoping for good naps, too. While I am all for wearing them out, going to the pool twice a day is tiring...load up the suits/toys/towels....carry them to the pool...carry them back home...wash up, wash hair...get dressed...but hey, we have NOTHING else to do!

I have joined a Mom's group here, many expats form US/Texas, haven't seen any Canucks there yet...hope to meet some people soon...but with no vehicle, hopes aren't high...

OK, enough to bore you for one day...

No comments:

Post a Comment