Monday, February 28, 2011

We survived the weekend

This weekend was a big one for celebrating in Kuwait. It marked the 50th anniversary of independence, 20 years since the Iraqi invasion, and 5 years if the current Emir's rule. With that, I bought groceries early, had activities planned, and made a pact to stay home! I am not one for large crowds and late nights with the kids anyway, and I wasn't keen on fighting the crowds. I have seen pictures of the events, and we saw the decorating that started last week, they went all out. A country with too much money, it was lit up like the 4th of July - for 4 whole days.
Robb and his dad (who has been visiting for a week and 1/2) took off to Dubai to sight see, so I took the opportunity to make play dates with friends to pass the time. So far, so good. The girls were out of school since February 17th, as that marked the Prophet's birthday. I guess they knew people may be traveling and partying the next week, so why not just shut down school for 12 days? I am looking forward to the return of routine - and time to study!!

Happy Independence, Kuwait!

No comments:

Post a Comment