Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

We had a short and sweet visit to Canada for Christmas. Jet lag seems to be affecting us more than usual, so I am happy we have a few days back in Kuwait to get over it before work and school starts. I am anxious to get back to my studies, and the girls are excited to head back to school, Jessie gets to meet new friends in the Hippos class.
I am not a fan of New Years Resolutions, as I know the typical 'eat better, exercise' thing is always on my mind, and with this nutrition course I am taking, I am hoping that it will all fall into place, as I 'practice what I preach'. I do have a few goals...
1. Get rid off all the plastic-ware the kids use and have them use regular cutlery at the table. In will bend the rules for sippy cups in the vehicle.
2. Keep on top of the clutter, especially the toy room. Now that we have a fresh stock of new toys and activities from Christmas, I plan, with the girls help, to weed out the items we don't use and donate them. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people and places in need of our un-needed and excess items. Happy to help them, clean the house, and teach a lesson at the same time.
3. Spend more time doing crafts and activities with the kids. I don't like going out much here, so the extra time at home can be better spent with activity books than shopping tom' kill time'. Jessie's increasing attention span should help this goal...

So, these are all easy to attain goals. I hope everyone has a great start to 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment