Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Just an update

This is about nothing in particular. Just random goings on in our life.

Last week Robb had to fly to Calgary for 8 days. I was just starting what felt like a cold. It turned into what has been my very worst sinus infection yet. I suffered (as did the girls) for 3-4 days until I decided to go to the Dr. for help. The reason for not going sooner (mainly) is this: I have colitis, and the last time I had a sinus infection, I ended up in the hospital with my diagnosis. I did not want to repeat this experience. I did have a few things going for me this time: I have not been taking any Advil cold and sinus (Advil (ibuprophen) is a colitis no-no). I stocked up on yogurt and probiotic tablets to counteract the antibiotics I was eventually going to get. I was better able to anticipate a reaction, so i made sure I was extra hydrated in case a reaction DID happen. So, via IM, Robb demanded I head to the doctor. A lady who's daughter goes to the same school as Saige and Jessie offered to watch the girls. I went there, got the diagnosis and medications and was home within an hour. The infection was MUCH better the next day, and gone by 2-3 days post antibiotics. The sniffles and coughing still linger, but I am so much better. I had a tough time dealing with the kids and the almost migraine headaches that came with the sinus infection. The pain meds were not at all helping, and lask of sleep and inability to be upright with my eyes open took it's toll.

The girls each got to go on a field trip this week. The school took them to the Natural Science Museum to see a T-Rex display, dig for bones and have a picnic. They were so excited to ride on the bus (they even had car seats!!!) They are really loving school. Jessie seems to fit right in with the 'Monkeys' class. Saige will benefit from going 3 days/week next term, as she is the only one going 2days/week now, and they cover SO much stuff. I can't see doing 4 ro 5 days just yet - she will have enough of that next year for Kindergarten...

We have finally got our banking situation figured out, so we can make some purchases for the house. We still need mainly storage items and wall hangings. Robb says our home is too 'hospital-like' and sterile with bare, white walls. We were losing so much in exchange rate loss using our US based debit and credit cards. But, let the buying games begin! The weather is finally showing signs of cooling, so we may venture out to the Friday Markets to see what goodies we can come across.

I have hired a cleaning lady for a once per week scrub down. She has turned out very well. I feel a slight guilt, but it is my treat to me and I am going to try and concentrate on experimenting with cooking etc. I have made arrangements to buy a car at the end of the month, so in the meantime, we are renting one. It is from a non-brand name rental compnay, so I will see if it sees me through to the end of the month! I am happy to have transportation, though. I did use a taxu last week to collect the kids from school, and it was an over all pleasant experience. We may have to head to Dubai as a family at the beginning of November. Robb needs to go there for work, and the girls and I may have to do a 'visa' run, meaning leaving the country to have a medical done to obtain a civil ID. If this happens, we will celebrate Jessie's 3rd birthday there. If not, I will make cupcakes for her class and let her choose what she would like to do.

The weather is showing signs of cooling, especially at night. We have had a few days of taking the scooters outside for a spin, and heading to parks at sundown.

No comments:

Post a Comment