Saturday, September 25, 2010
A Day in the Life
What a morning. It started early, as sleep isn't a thing we do much of in this house. Robb is away (in Canada in the Fall of all the beautiful places I'd rather be). After a caffienated drink and a few cartoons (I don't attempt to entertain this early in the morning), I made a yummy, from scratch pancake breakfast. It was the perfect opportunity to get dressed, head to the store before the crowds and traffic, stop at the company apartment to drop off clean sheets I washed this weekend and come home to swim. We started towards the grocery store (as I had to go for the very basics - toilet paper, cat food and bananas). Gas light came on...grrrr...I have no cash to buy gas. Bought the groceries, tried 3 bank machines to withdraw money to buy gas - all out of service. OK, I have enough gas to get back home. Stopped at the company apartment...the reserved spot is parallel park - and I am not saying I cannot parallel park, I admit I am quite capable. But NOBODY could have fit in the space that was left for me. Because it was the weekend, there were no spots to even sneak into for just 5 mins. GRRRR, I will try again tomorrow once people have all the cars at work. Had to drive PAST the house to go to the only bank I know of to get money...haul both kids out of the car into a flithy, non-AC mall amid what seems to be only males who like to stare and me and the kids, scambling to get out of the car seats in a parking spot made for a Corolla, but I have an FJ. OK...have money in hand. Stop by the gas station, fill with gas. Notice a DRIVE UP bank machine that was working. OK, store that in the memory for next time. Go home, notice it is only 10 am.....I need a drink and some cough medicine! Is it bedtime yet? :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment