So much to update on!
Leanne hitting the books:
I have decided to do a two-year distance education program from the Canadian School of Naural Nutrition. I will obtain a diploma in Registered Holistic Nutrionist. I did it for many reasons. Firtly is to get my health back - practice what I preach so to speak. I have had a rough few years being sick and losing hair from my colitis. I want to feel healthy again. My family will get healthier in the process as well. I also did it to 'pass' the time here in Kuwait. i can do exercises and reading while the kids are in school and at night. Once i return tothe US, I have to take two upgrade courses in order to be recognized by the Nutritional Assiciation there. I feel it will be a great field to work part time, in any one of a number of areas/. This way I can still be around for the kids, but have my own thing going on for me. In fact, my books just arrived today, so tonight I will start the course!
Heading to Dubai:
In order for us to get our resident visas here (me and the girls) we have to do a medical test outside of Kuwait and get it certified by the Kuwait Embassy before re-entry. So, we will be spending the first part of November in Dubai dealing with this, as well as making a small vacation out of it, as we will be there over the weekend. It works out well, as Robb has to stay for a few days longer for work meetings. Jessie will turn 3 while in Dubai, so we will have to plan a special activity for her, as I wasn't planning a party or anything for her. I may send cupcakes into school for her classmates. Saige spent her 4th birthday overseas and flying, so it is fitting that Jessie gets to do the same :)
Leanne is OUTTA HERE!!!
One of my great friends from home has been living in Singapore as an expat for a year now. I was wondering if and when I would get the chance to see her while she was there, as it has been years. Robb told me the other day that he gets 10 days off of work in mid-November for a national holiday, as do the kids. SOOOO, a well timed Skype call convinced me to see if I could pull some strings...and as a result, a spur of the moment, 5 day kid free trip to Singpaore is in the near future! It worked out great, I was able to use reward miles and it is basically a 'free' trtip, and Robb doesn't need to take any time off of work to watch the kiddos. It would have been nice to take the whole family, but I decided that I needed a few days for me. Darlene and I have always made a point of trying to connect when we can, as she moved from BC to Ontario at 23. I have made a few trips to see her there, once for her wedding. Robb's extended family lives near her, so I am able to meet her whenever we rarely head there (for weddings and funerals). She has made the trip to BC to visit several times as her family is still there, plus has driven to see us in Kelowna while we were vacationing in BC as was she. I made a trip to go canoeing/camping with her as part of an extended work/visa trip to Toronto. She made it to Houston to visit me while we were both preggo (our daughters were born 1 month apart). I barely missed seing her this summer when we were both home from overseas. and finally, it has been years, we will CONNECT IN PERSON! No more Skype, facebook, emails, phone calls. OK, yes, I am excited.
Halloween will be celebrated with some parties at school and the Mom's Group. We won't get to trick or treat, but I think enough fun and candy will be had by all so they won't miss the door to door so much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment