Thursday, April 22, 2010

So many new things

Now that we have found a place to live, I can concentrate on other things that will affect my daily life. Tody we will try to locate and see two pre-schools in the area. I also found a pilates gym right down te road from our apartment, so i am excited to have the chance to tone up again.

The numbers in Arabic are different than what I am used to. While most places have both Arabic and 'regular' numbers on a price tag, some off-the-path places do not. So, here is my lesson plan for th next few weeks:



Also on the lesson plan is dealing with the Kuwait Dinars and fils (Dollars and cents). It is a thousand based system, versus a hundred based at home. Eash Dinar is worth about $3.50 US, so I will have to do a bit of math until I get used to what things 'cost'. I am sure in a few months I will stop converting, and just know what the price is! I say this, but after 7 years in the USA, I am still converting Farenheit temps into Celcius in my head! So...we will see how I do.

We are planning on heading to the mall after Robb gets home fro a work meeting. I was in such a tizzy trying to leave, that I don't have much in terms of birthday gifts or cards. This will give me an opportunity to use my Currency skills! (or, most likely, I will just hand over the plastic and Chase Bank can do the math!)

No comments:

Post a Comment