We had another sleep in this morning, so a late start to the day. We went to Robb's office here and met some of the employees, and the agent. Spoke with the agent's assistant, and she has us set up for the cat transport...one of the top concerns about the move. We lucked out and the agent also owns one of the 3 animal hospitals here in Kuwait, so they are all set up with the import/export of animals. whew. We made a few appts with people to look at apartments tomorrow. Because we are not yet residents, we have to go through the agent to lease an apartment, so we will look at some in the next few days with an escort.
The talk of the town this week is the weather. It has been remarkably cool, and the small sprinkle of rain that fell yesterday was apparently about 1/3 of the total rain for the year...I don't think it barely wet the pavement!!! Also, while we were recovering from jetlag, a large, sky darkening sand storm blew through, another rare thing. We missed it, but everyone is commenting on it.
The girls continue to attract pats and smiles and general affection. Bizarre. They are letting it get to their heads, and smile and wave at EVERYONE now. The 'black ghosts' are normal for them now, so no more looking for rocks to crawl under.
There are 4 pools here on the grounds, and Robb took them to the one nearest the beach today...apparently in 31C, it was too cold for them. Maybe they will like it here in August afterall...freaks.
I forgot my camera on our latest excursions. Tonight we went to the Al Kout mall for a Mediterannean dinner, and they have musical founains there, a smaller version of the Bellagio in Las Vegas. We went to our second grocery store, there is no lack of variety, and prices seem OK...we will find cheaper areas and Friday markets once we settle, and purchase fruit and veggies for the week there. But, until I am comfortable with that, I am fine paying a bit more for the safe mind set of a large grocery store.
The malls here are just like Texas...there is nothing I can't here that i can get at home. It really is quite like a replica of the Galleria. Again, i am fne with these big box stores until I know what is available elsewhere.
Hopefully pictures to follow tomorrow, I will pack my camera in my purse right now...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment