It has been over 1 month since I have posted. We had a great time in Dubai, my studies are going well, when I find time to sit and study!. My trip to Singapore never happened, as we are in the middle of residency paperwork here in Kuwait, and I was not able to get my passport back in time. I still hope to make it there soon!
We are on the countdown to even MORE travel. Dec 15th we fly home to Canada for Christmas, where we will spend some time in BC and Alberta with the families. The kids are super excited to see everyone, have already made their Santa list, and the winter and Christmas crafts have begun! I am hoping for much better weather than in the last two, as it had been very cold and not fun!
I now have a Dodge Durango that is being used exclusively for trips to from school and the grocery store. Taxis and buses are not a viable option here, especially when it comes to kid safety and car seats. Plus, it makes life a bit less stressful living here (except of course, the stress of actually DRIVING it on the roads here!). We had not planned on spending the money on a vehicle for me while here, but some things you cannot plan for, and safety of the kids and the family do not have a monetary value. As my dad says, You can't take the money with you!
We have become part of a small group of kids/moms that hang out fairly regularly, with two playdates this week...one for Christmas crafts! So, the socialiation factor is improving. Robb and I are going out for a Christmas Party this weekend, and it will be the second time EVER we have had a for-pay babysitter. I have asked a 17 year old daughter of a friend to watch the kids, as we know her and trust her, and the kids have met her several times. I have a hard time leaving my kids, even in our own house, with a stanger that may not know how to communicate properly in an emergency. Wish we lived closer to Grandparents!!
I will TRY to be more proactive with posting, time seems to speed up sometimes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment