Monday, February 15, 2010
Valentine's Day
I am not a huge Valentine's Day fan...overpriced flowers and the pressure put on us (especially the men!) to show your loved ones your admiration. But, I have to admit, now that I have kids, it is more of an excuse to do extra crafts and bake sweets. After the past week, full of dance and school parties, plus two birthday parties, I was cupcaked out! I decided the Isaac house didn't need any more sweets, so I filled a small pink bag with stickers, mints and a small toy. Consumable, practical, and sugar-free! (Although, I *did* buy a small bag of peanut M&M's for us all to share, but that was more me and my impulse buy personality). Robb did well - even though we have a 'no-gift' policy, neither of us follow the rules. Knowing my hatred of over-priced flowers, he bought me The Biggest Loser game for the Wii. I could have taken it the wrong way, him subtley telling me I am in need of some extra exercise, but I didn't - I really like the gift, and actually used it. The kids enjoyed it too, doing the moves along with me and Bob Harper, the trainer. (Maybe, though, next week he can surprise me with non-overpriced flowers, because I do not have hatred for that). You would have thought it was Christmas Morning around here by the way Saige was so excited and giving out hugs and kisses freely. It was a fun day, with an afternoon trip to the park and dinner at friends. We even had a bit of romance to the night - the power went out where we were, and we had to spend an hour in the living room by candle light :). I Hope everyone had a wonderful day with their loved ones, flowers or not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment