Robb does alot of traveling for work...more than I care for. Anyway, each time he tells me he is leaving for somewhere (lately the Middle East) he tries to sugar-coat it. I think it is proof he needs a few lessons in basic counting skills! For example: his upcoming trip. He leaves on a Sunday eveneing, so to him, that day doesn't count...but it really does count as a day, because he will be doing laundry and packing all Sunday before he leaves, leaves mid-afternoon to head to the airport, and I have to feed, bathe and put the kids to bed...THAT IS A DAY! So, he also counts that he is leaving his destination on a Thursday, so he doesn't account for the fact that it is a 20 hour flight home, arrives late Friday afternoon, then jet-lag dead until the weekend is over. So, to me, that is 14days...two weeks...to him and his math skills, it is 10 days. I think I will let him do single-parent duty for "10 days" and see if he is counting :)
The anticipation of him leaving for these trips is sometimes worse than the leaving itself. I get so worked up about it, turn into cranky mom, which is unfair. Once he actually leaves, it really doesn't seem as bad as I anticipated. You would think I would know this routine by now...but it still occurs every tme.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I'm totally with you on this one! I count any day that renders Shaun useless to me as him being away, while he underestimates. Here's hoping his trip goes quickly for you!
ReplyDelete